Who am I?

Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm a 21 year old student of the Copenhagen Metropolitan University College's Global Bachelor in Nutrition and Health, Copenhagen, Denmark. The purpose of this blog is to record my experiences with different diet approaches and health techniques, which I try out for 30 days at a time, thus the name.

tirsdag den 16. marts 2010

First challenge

Today I restarted my blog, and began my first new diet challenge - 30 days of the paleo diet. What is the paleo diet you might say, well in short terms it is a modern day version of the hunter - gatherer diet, that our paleolithic (old stoneage) ancestors ate. The purpose of this blog is to test different diets and health protocols, in order to find out what works. I am going to post about my experiences with the diets, as I try them out, as well as theoretical arguments for and against the different diets.
This short video explains more on what the paleo diet is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCFZoqmKf5M
I will however soon be posting about this myself, including what it is, and the arguments for and against it.

With regards to the current challenge I am going to try to follow the paleo diet (by Loren Cordain) as closely as possible; yet without eating any nuts, seeds or eggs, for the first two weeks. This is simply because the diet already eleminates most of the common allergenic protein sources (dairy, peanuts, soy, eggs, nuts, gluten, shell fish). So I am simply going to add these things back in again one at a time, probably every two weeks, and then observe if I have a reaction.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar